Generalised Anxiety Disorder – do you worry about almost everything? Do you have difficulty switching off the anxiety thoughts and feelings? You may be suffering from generalised anxiety disorder. I recently heard GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) described as ‘worry on steroids” by another therapist and I thought it described it pretty well.
Generalised Anxiety Disorder Cork – Signs & Symptoms
- Worrying about everyday things that most people wouldn’t worry about
- Finding it impossible to dismiss worry thoughts or physical sensations
- Finding it difficult (or impossible) to relax or to concentrate
- Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Being on edge a lot
- Feel more aches and pains than most people
- Twitching, fidgeting or being generally restless
This is by no means an exhaustive list, just some of the most common signs and symptoms.
Generalised Anxiety Disorder – What Are You Anxious About?
People with GAD can get highly agitated about normal everyday things that many people simply wouldn’t (or couldn’t).
- Money – worrying about bills or negative “what ifs” about money
- Being late for appointments or even just to meet a friend
- Worrying about children and whats happening or could happen in their lives
- Health worries – turning every tiny issue into a bigger one
- Job security – eg. “what if the company goes bust?”
Generalised Anxiety Disorder Cork – Treatment
Generalised Anxiety Disorder Cork – GAD can be successfully treated and you can learn to be calm and always think of the best case scenario. I would need to see you for a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION where we’ll have a chat about the problem, I’ll get some history of the problem and be able to assess how many sessions it would take to help you to successfully overcome the problem.