Social Anxiety Cork – do you feel that other people are negatively judging you when you around other people or in social situations? Does that internal voice inside your head tell you that you have nothing to say, that you’re not good enough, that you have some flaw that other people will pick up on, etc.? You may be suffering from a very common problem called social anxiety.
Social Anxiety Cork – Symptoms
This is by no means a comprehensive list but simply some of the most common symptoms of social anxiety
- Avoidance of social situations
- Worrying that other people will see you looking anxious or acting anxiously
- Fearing being judged by others as stupid, awkward or boring.
- Increased risk of depression
- Increased risk of self-medicating for example with alcohol.
- Normal anxiety or panic syptoms such as increased heart rate, sweating, trembling, etc.
- Noticeable shyness during childhood is a common trait of people with social anxiety.
Social Anxiety Cork – Successful Treatment
Successful treatment of social anxiety involves:
- correcting the belief that you know what another person is thinking
- self-acceptance and developing self-love so that you can accept that you are fine just the way you are
- no longer caring too much about what other people think
- no longer afraid of failing / embarrassing yourself
- creating the ‘best case scenario’ instead of the ‘worst case scenario’
I offer a FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION so that we can have a chat about your individual problem and how it affects you. I’ll be able to tell you at this consultation how many sessions it will take (in my opinion) to help you successfully overcome the problem.